Dubai has an incredible nightlife scene that spans everything from charming Irish pubs and scenic rooftop lounges to the finest cocktail bars and trendy beach clubs. Whether you’re looking for a live music venue, a speak-easy bar or a nightclub to dance the night away, Dubai’s wide range of bars and pubs offer it all.
Alfresco all the way
With so many bars and pubs to choose from in Dubai, it’s hard to pick one for your perfect night out. If you’re lucky enough to visit Dubai in winter or spring, make sure to try one of the city’s many outdoor bars and lounges located along the beachfront, on a rooftop of one of the city’s many skyscrapers or poolside at a luxury hotel or resort. Hotspots for some of the city’s coolest alfresco venues include The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residence and Downtown Dubai. Here are 10 unique alfresco pubs and bars in Dubai:
- Qwerty at the Media One hotel in Dubai Media City is popular with residents for post-work drinks
- Reform at The Lakes Club is one of the city’s favorite British gastropubs with its expansive beer garden. Nestled in the heart of an upmarket residential area, Reform is popular for its happy hours and roast dinners on weekends
- Zero Gravity in Dubai Marina overlooks the Sky Dive Dubai drop zone and is a bar, restaurant and beach club
- Barasti at the Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort is one of Dubai’s most famous beach bars featuring live music and sports
- Jetty Lounge at the One & Only Royal Mirage is another long-standing spot in Dubai well known for its chic yet laid back beach vibes
- Shimmers at Mina A’ Salam is the perfect spot for sunset drinks with Burj Al Arab views
- Cove Beach Club at Caesars Palace, Bluewaters has Ain Dubai as its perfect backdrop, perfect for a chilled beach day
- Breeze Beach Grill on The Palm Jumeirah has cool Mediterranean vibe with options to dine on the deck or chill with your toes in the sand with a cocktail in hand
- Seven Sisters in Business Bay is a Lebanese concept that overlooks the pretty Dubai Canal, a popular spot for its weekly roster of live music, events and DJs
- STK Downtown has a stunning terrace with spectacular views of Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountains. It’s also a hotspot for Friday brunch
Cool bars for hot summer days
If you’re visiting Dubai during the hot summer months, you may want to meet at one of the city’s many cool indoor hotspots for drinks, of which there are plenty.
Dubai’s nightlife scene offers everything from British pubs to urban bars, scattered around the city, with many of them located at the city’s hotels and resorts. A lot of Dubai’s best pubs and bars offer regular ladies’ nights, live music sessions, events and DJ sets so make sure to check out their websites and social media channels for the latest updates. Here are five old-time favorites when it comes to live music venues in Dubai.
- The Hardrock Café has been part of Dubai’s music scene for over 20 years. The venue moved to Dubai Festival City when the destination opened, but the concept of cool drinks, American food and live (rock!) music has remained the same
- Jazz@Pizza Express at Jumeirah Lakes Towers combines great pizza with live music seven nights a week. This restaurant and bar has some great weekly deals for a laid back, good value night out
- Lock, Stock & Barrel is a buzzing bar in Dubai located at the Grand Millennium in Barsha Heights. This venue has a resident band as well as other cool entertainment including and arcade game and pool tables
- For some karaoke, head right next door to Lucky Voice karaoke and cocktail bar with its seventies disco vibe and be prepared to sing your heart out!
- McGettigan’s has several branches of its Irish pubs in Dubai. A firm favorite with Dubai residents, its venues feature live music performances throughout the week