With over 20 golf courses in the UAE and year-round sunny skies, Dubai is a popular destination for golf holidaymakers and local residents alike. Home to the Omega Dubai Desert Classic since 1989, Dubai has played host to the world’s best golfers from around the globe and the event has paved the way for the sport in the Middle East.
If you’re into golf and are looking to either perfect your swing or play at leisurely round on your next trip, you’re in luck as you will find some of the Middle East’s best golf courses in Dubai.
Here is a round-up of some of Dubai’s top golf courses:
- Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club features The Championship Course, a Par 3 Course and a Mini Golf Course accessible to people of all levels. The Club also features a variety of popular restaurants and lounges ideal for those post-game drinks, snacks as well as lunches and dinners
- Emirates Golf Club, part of Dubai Golf, is the home of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic, part of the European Tour. The Club features three golf courses with stunning views of Dubai’s impressive skyline including the world renowned Majlis course
- The luxurious Montgomerie Dubai golf course is located in the heart of the prestigious Emirates Hills residential community. The club’s name is derived from the design collaboration of the course between Colin Montgomerie and Desmond Muirhead
- The Els Club in Dubai Sports City is a beautiful desert link-style course that prides itself on its five-star golfing experience. The clubhouse is a firm favorite with local residents, especially those living in one of the upmarket residential communities around the club
- Jumeirah Golf Estates, a prestigious gated residential community in new Dubai, features two pristine golf courses: The Fire Course and The Earth Course, with the latter being the host of the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai – the culmination of The Race to Dubai and the European Tour season
- Part of the JA The Resort, one of Dubai’s most established leisure destinations, is the renowned 9-hole Par 35 Jebel Ali resort golf course Dubai, designed by the famous Peter Harradine. With its lush landscaping and resort-style feel, this is a great course to try on your next visit to Dubai
If you prefer a round of minigolf on your next trip to Dubai, you have plenty of options to choose from as well, guaranteed for some old-school family fun!
For a glow-in the-dark minigolf experience in Dubai head to Tee & Putt at Wafi Mall, a fun place to take the kids or a group of friends, especially at night. Another glow-in-the-dark mini golf experience is available at 3D Blacklight Minigolf Dubai on the other side of the city, in Jumeirah Beach Residence, filled with 3D effects and neon backlighting.
For outdoor minigolf in Dubai, Creek Park offers several unique attractions including an 18-hole minigolf course, whilst the Jebel Ali Resort on the other side of town offers minigolf by the sea. You can also buy day passes that allow you access to the resort’s pool & beach along with a buffet lunch.