With its multicultural make up, Dubai is home to a wide variety of specialty restaurants, bars and pubs ranging from Japanese karaoke bars and Latin lounges to traditional Irish and British pubs. Whether you’re looking for a sports bar to watch the latest soccer game, a gastro pub to treat yourself to an all-day breakfast, or a trendy spot to meet up with friends for a pint or two, Dubai pubs come in all sorts and sizes.
If you’re looking to meet local residents on your next trip, make sure to visit one of Dubai’s many pubs, which are sprawled around the city with popular hotspots found in local residential areas, along the beach, and in Dubai’s many commercial districts such as Media City, Dubai International Financial Centre and Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
Depending on your mood, location and the occasion, here are some pubs in Dubai for you to try:
- The Irish Village – A longstanding and firm favorite of many expats in Dubai, the Irish Village is not to be missed on your next visit to Dubai if you’re looking for a lively, fun-filled afternoon or evening out. Renowned for its live music line-up, sports and festivals, the Irish Village offers all the traditional Irish favorites from fish and chips and steak sandwiches to sausages with mash and Irish stew. The original Irish Village is located in Gharhoud with a second outlet now open in Studio City.
- If you’re on the hunt for a pub in Downtown Dubai, make sure to pay a visit to The Doubledecker, a London transport themed English pub with a casual and relaxed atmosphere. Here you will find all the classic British food as well as a variety of international dishes.
- With multiple locations around town, McGettigans is one of Dubai’s most popular chains of pubs. You can find your ‘local’ Mcgettigans pub in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT), The World Trade Centre Dubai, the Hilton at Jumeirah Beach Residence and at Souk Madinat Jumeirah. The perfect spot for food, drinks, sports, dancing and socializing in the city.
- Not Irish or British but Belgian, the Belgian Beer Café is another great pub in Dubai where you can get a good taste of Belgium with specialties such as Moules-frites, waffles and steak tartare as well as a wide range of Belgian hops on tap
- Looking for a sports bar to watch your favorite team play? Then head to Champions Sports Bar at the JW Marriott Dubai for a memorable night out and catch the latest games live. The American-themed lounge has plenty of screens to watch all the sports action while you can munch on juicy burgers and snacks